Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sump pump

There was a heavy rain last night, and I noticed the sump pump was running quite often. I took a video to show how much water was pouring into the sump pump pit. I have extended the downspouts to carry the water farther away from my foundation, but that does not appear to have made a significant difference. I wonder if a passive gravity fed drainage tile would help? There is a bit of a grade in the yard away from the house.

I plan on getting a water powered backup sump pump system, since my previous sump pump died after six years, which caused flooding in my basement. Luckily, I had the backup sump pump rider on my homeowners insurance. State Farm Insurance was wonderful to work with. No hassles and everything looks just like it did before the basement flooded.

Take a look at the video:

No comments: